EGGS FREE RANGE 5 DOZEN - 5 DOZ
British Lion Quality Free Range Eggs are produced on carefully selected farms in the UK. They are laid by contented hens free to roam outdoors by day and perch safely in a barn at night
- Great value free range eggs from Sun Rise Eggs
- British Lion Eggs
- Laid by eggs free to roam
- Each egg is coded and individually tested
- 5 dozen, ideal for volume catering
Free- Range egg production
EU egg legislation stipulates that for eggs to be termed ‘Free-Range’, hens must have continuous daytime access to runs which are mainly covered with vegetation and a maximum stocking density of 2,500 birds per hectare. Indoors, the maximum stocking density is 9 hens per square metre. Hens are provided with nest boxes and perches providing 15 centimetres of perch per hen. Litter must be provided, accounting for one-third of the floor surface. This is used for scratching and dust bathing.
The Lion Quality Code of Practice stipulates the same additional standards for Lion Quality Free-Range hens as for Lion Quality Barn hens. It also makes provision for:
- Outdoor shading and one pop-hole per 600 birds… open for 8 hours daily to allow access to the outside.
- Maximum flock size per house of 16,000 birds divided into colonies of 4,000.
- A maximum stocking density of 2,000 birds per hectare. The width and height of the pop-holes is greater than required by EU legislation.
MASON FOODSERVICES is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information.